VoxFairfax invites and encourages readers to share their opinions, criticism, agreement, or disagreement by participating in a civil discourse of material on this blog platform.
- It’s your comment—stand by it with your actual name; no screen names.
- If your comment becomes lengthy, consider submitting your thoughts as an article. See Submission Guidelines.
- ALL CAPS=shouting and is not acceptable. Readers can hear your passion through your words. The occasional use of italics or bold for emphasis is expected.
- ABSOLUTELY no name-calling, insulting statements, or snark; clever discourse is acceptable.
- No links as references to your comment. Make your own statement.
- Commercial promotions are not acceptable.
The primary commenting guideline is that statements be polite and civil, as though you are speaking to people personally. If you are angry, take a breath before typing and read through the guidelines below before composing. Be advised that all comments are curated by the editors to ensure compliance and conformity with the Guidelines below.